Sources of Truth
Oct. 4, 2015
Scripture, study, prayer
I am often asked about Scripture Study and Praying with Scripture. Below are a few resources. Let us connect with God’s Holy Word. Do you have other favorites?
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel; it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who has faith” (Romans 1:16). -- Bishop John
Praying with the Bible (in a group or individually):
• Read one chapter of the Bible each day. You may wish to begin with the Gospels.
• Read/pray/live one verse of Scripture each day.
Website instruction or software:
• Scott Hahn’s St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology courses, including “Journey Through Scripture:” a parish-based Bible • Knights of Columbus courses: “Know Your Faith.”
• Verbum software and digital library for in-depth Scripture study
• The Year of Faith: A Bible Study Guide for Catholics, Fr. Mitch Pacwa, S.J., (use in a group or individually).
• God’s Word is Alive!, Alice L. Camille.
• Forming Intentional Disciples, Sherry A. Weddell, Chapter 10.
• Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scripture, Baker Academic, 11 volumes to date.