In-depth Theological Study and Training
- Master of Arts degree program in Theology in collaboration with Newman University
- Pastoral Ministry Formation [English Sector] is for persons who want to live more fully their baptismal call by deepening their understanding of the faith and by assuming more responsibility for ministry within the Diocese and their parish community.
- BA in Pastoral Ministry in collaboration with Newman University
- Diocesan Diploma in Pastoral Ministry
- Personal enrichment
- Offered via ITV (19 locations throughout the Dodge City and Salina Dioceses)
- Creciendo en Cristo, formerly Comunidades de Aprendizaje, is offered by the
- Diocese of Dodge City as faith formation for adults. It provides an opportunity for persons who want to deepen their understanding and appreciation of their Catholic faith in order more fully to live and celebrate their baptism. These generous and committed persons take responsibility of parish and diocesan ministries.
- The goal is to prepare Hispanic leaders to service the Church at all levels of pastoral minsitry in collaboration with the bishop, the clergy, religious and other lay leaders of the Church.
- Two to four courses are offered each year. A diocesan certificate is given at the completion of each 12-hour course. College Credit is available.
- Each of the courses is offered over the Interactive Television System at seven locations: Dodge City, Garden City, Great Bend, Liberal, Ness City, Scott City and Ulysses.
- For details of class dates and course themes, see Creciendo en Cristo under the Hispanic Ministry Office webpage.
- Catechist Formation provides diocesan certification and continuing formation of catechists through two special formation sessions offered via ITV, twice at the beginning of the school year and calendar year. [Offered in Spanish and English. Topics may differ between the English and Spanish Sectors. All catechists must comply with Diocesan Safe Environment Requirements.]
Discernment of Gifts and Personal Vocation
- The Called and Gifted Workshop™ is a tool for helping Catholics discern their spiritual gifts. Called and Gifted helps participants sort through their life experiences to identify patterns that may indicate a charism. Discerning our gifts can be a major clue in determining God’s plan for our life, as well as our role in God’s plan for humanity. Called and Gifted is a major initiative in creating a “culture of vocation” as called for by Bishop Gilmore in the Diocese of Dodge City. Workshops presented by the Catherine of Siena Institute are offered each year in English and Spanish.
- JustFaith™ is a diocesan initiative that begins on the parish level. It is an intensive faith formation process that emphasizes the Gospel message of peace and justice, Catholic social teaching and the intersection of spirituality and action. The process involves reading, videos, and group discussion. The aim of JustFaith™ is to enable participants to develop a passion for justice and to express this passion in concrete acts of social ministry. JustFaith™ gives members of our diocesan church the opportunity to respond to Bishop Gilmore’s call for a “church wedded to social justice” and a “systematic effort to fill in the chasm between faith and life”. [Available in English]
- Word Working is a method of scriptural prayer, a distinctive way of engaging God's Word so we can be shaped by that Word for God's work within and beyond our Church. Word Working is an integral part of formational sessions for adults and youth, and for small groups. Parish pastoral council meetings and other parish groups are urged to use "Word Working" not only as their opening prayer but equally important as their first agenda item: What is God's Word saying to us about how and in what direction we should be leading our Parish? During Lent, Bishop Gilmore leads Word Working groups through the Southwest Kansas Register.
- Cursillo is both a movement and a method. The purpose of the movement is to free Christian men and women to be leaven in the environments in which they live with the gospel spirit. The purpose of the method is to help these men and women to live out their baptismal call by committing themselves to the spiritual aids the church offers in order to grow in holiness, formation and evangelization
- The Cursillo Method is presented over a three day weekend which is a unique experience with Christ, with self, with others, as well as, training in leadership.
- Group Reunions assist those who have made the Cursillo weekend by providing support and encouragement as they strive to live as leaven of gospel spirit in their families, on their jobs, at school, with their neighbors, among their parish and community service.
- While there are English-speaking cursillistas in the Diocese, the Cursillo structure functions primarily in the Spanish language sector.
- Catholic School Teachers’ Formation Day (English)
Heartland Center for Spirituality
- The Heartland Center for Spirituality is a ministry of the Dominican Sisters of Peace offering a variety of educational experiences including on-line courses, a summer Theology Institute and a formative spirituality program. Heartland includes Heartland Farm and Heartland Center for Wholistic Health.
- SpiritLife is a two year Spiritual Formation program that will help you discover a new attentiveness to the meaning of Grace, allowing you to live intentionally in Spirit Centered ways.
- Catechist/DRE/Youth Minister Annual Retreat
Each year the Diocesan Youth Office orchestrates a retreat Friday evening through Saturday afternoon in mid January at the Heartland Center, Great Bend. [English]
- Heartland Center for Spirituality, Great Bend, KS
The Center is a ministry of the Dominican Sisters providing spiritual direction and retreat experiences throughout the year.
Protection of Children & Youth
- Protecting God’s Children™ makes adults of the Church aware of how they can protect children and youth and make our church settings safe places for children and youth. Protecting God’s Children™ begins with a three-hour awareness session that helps adults understand the signs of child sexual abuse, the methods and means by which offenders commit abuse and five empowerment steps one can use to prevent child sexual abuse. Ongoing follow-up training bulletins are made available in an attempt to keep adults aware and vigilant. [Available in English and Spanish]
Spiritual Life Center
- The Spiritual Life Center of the Diocese of Wichita provides a wide spectrum of educational and spiritual programming that is available as a resource to the people of the Dodge City Diocese.
blog comments powered by Disqus