|Learn More about the Vibrant Ministries Campaign|
Charitable Gift Annuity Program
The development office is available to assist with charitable gift annuity agreements. The annuity program provides a benefit to both the charity and to the donor by providing tax benefits and a high rate of return which will not change during the donor's lifetime. Annuity rates are highly competitive with other investments currently available.
- High rate of return
- Life income guaranteed, interest rate will not change
- Charitable gift tax benefits on your original investment
- 30 to 75% of your income will be tax free
- Paperwork is simple and easy to understand, and no medical forms to complete
- No cost to setup or administer
- Stewardship with a gift that will assist in diocesan and parish ministries
- After death the remaining value of the annuity contract will go to fund the ministries of the Church or charity as designated by you
- Suggested beneficiaries include diocese, parish, Catholic school, Catholic Social Services, Gather to A Greatness Capital Campaign, seminarians, religous education or any combination thereof.
The minimum investment amount is $2,500.
Charitable Gift Annuity Inquiry Form
Planned Giving is a way to maximize estate tax benefits through the stewardship of your resources, while assisting the Diocese of Dodge City in ministering to the needs of the Church in Southwest Kansas. We do not give estate planning advice, but will work with you and with your tax professionals to structure a plan that accomplishes your goals.
What can be included in my giving plans?
Cash is the easiest gift and provides the maximum deduction.
- Gifts of cash are fully deductible.
Did you know giving stock can be more beneficial that giving cash?
- A gift of stock will allow you to avoid capital gains on the increased value. Donors may deduct the full market value at the time of giving.
Donate a policy, and make an extraordinary gift. You'll also get the proceeds out of your taxable estate.
- Donors may purchase a new policy or donate a policy that is no longer needed. The donor receives a deduction in the amount of the current cash value when the diocese or a parish is named as owner and beneficiary.
It just takes a simple designation in your will and will not affect your cash flow during your lifetime. It's easy to revoke if your situation changes.
- This is a simple way to remember the diocese or a parish is to name that legal entity in your will.
Legal Language For Bequest
General Bequest to Diocese:
"I give, devise and bequeath to the 'Catholic Diocese of Dodge City, 910 Central Avenue, Dodge City, KS 67801, (dollar amount, percent, residue, securities or property as described) for its general use and purposes as directed by its Ordinary."
"I give, devise and bequeath to the 'Catholic Diocese of Dodge City, 910 Central Avenue, Dodge City, KS 67801, (dollar amount, percent, residue, securities or property as described) for the benefit of (parish and complete address) for its general uses and purposes."